Manufactured stone, or man-made stone, is a crushed natural stone bonded with small amounts of resin. If you’re looking for a tough alternative to natural stone, we offer two varieties of manufactured stone for you to consider – Silestone Quartz and Marblestone.
Silestone is a man-made product composed of 94% natural quartz which makes it very hard and resistant, because quartz is one of the strongest minerals on earth. Thanks to the quartz content, Silestone is the toughest interior surface available. While it can be more resistant to scratching, staining and scorching than any natural stone or solid surface, don’t go crazy it’s not indestructible! Excessive force or pressure can spoil or chip the surface.
Silestone is the first and only quartz countertop with Bacteriostatic (antibacterial) protection. This feature ensures that bacteria don’t multiply on the surface. This active protection is effective throughout the life and normal use of the surface; it protects the entire slab including edges and hollows.
Silestone In Your Home
- Silestone is often used for kitchen and bathroom applications.
- Silestone is available in a range of up to 70 colors and finishes. You can check out the colors at www.silestoneusa.com/colors
- While it’s not indestructible, it is stain, scratch and scorch resistant.
- Built-in antimicrobial properties provide maximum hygiene.
- Silestone is not as porous as natural stone, so bacteria and food particles can’t get trapped.
- Low maintenance – no need to seal Silestone every year.
- If you’re looking for the look of natural stone, than Silestone won’t do the job for you.
- Silestone carries a 15-year warranty on manufacturing defects.
Marblestone is a recycled natural stone composite that has been crushed, pressed, heated and bonded with a small amount of resin. Unlike natural marble which is porous, Marblestone is less pervious to moisture, which can cause mildew and staining.
Marblestone In Your Home
- Marblestone is often used for bathroom countertops, tub decks, tub & shower walls and floors, and table tops.
- It is more resistant to scratches and stains than quarried marble.
- Marblestone is available in a range of eight colors.
- It does not require special polishing or cleaning.
- As with all marble, Marblestone can be damaged by exposure to acid chemicals and some solvents. Do not use abrasive cleaners.
- Marblestone carries a 10-year warranty on manufacturing defects.
Manufactured Stone Edge Profiles
We have a number of ‘edge profiles’ for you to choose from to add a custom finishing touch to your counter, vanity or island. Take a look at the edge profile sheet, and discuss the options with our team.Download Edge Profiles
Contact Arizona Granite Enterprises Today
To learn more about the pros and cons of manufactured stone, call 480-610-1900 to schedule a free, no-obligation in-home consultation today.